Monday, April 23, 2007

Allow me to introduce myself...

"It is a mercy that our lives are not left for us to plan, but that our Father chooses for us; else we might sometimes turn away from our best blessings and put from us the choicest and loveliest gifts of His providence." Susannah Spurgeon

My husband has called me a brave china doll, a phrase he coined, for quite some time. I've faced some pretty tough stuff in my life, but nothing as heart-breaking and gut-wrenching as the battle I've been in for the last year and a half as I've faced the ugly, lonely world of infertility. But, it's my reality for now, and this is the place where I am going to try and put words to what I am feeling.

To cut to the chase, I have PCOS and am hypothyroid. In February of this year, I found out that I have a unicornuate uterus which could make carrying a baby full-term quite difficult. I had a lapraoscopy last week that confirmed it and will beginning fertility treatment soon.





No comments: