Friday, December 21, 2007

No Stranger

It's cycle day 12 today. I know...how exciting! Not really. I have been enjoying my time in lala-I-don't-care-about-fertility-I'm-taking-a-break-land.

I went in to get the cyst checked on mid-cycle instead of at the beginning of the cycle to see if I happened to be developing a follicle too with the glucophage. You know, kill two birds with one stone, but really it was all about the cyst. It's so funny. They were on a mission to get out of that place. As soon as I opened the door, the receptionist said, "Rebecca is here." I was immediately whisked into the US room upon signing in. Gee, they acted like it was Christmas or something. ;-)

Amazingly, even though I've only been a stranger from the ultrasound magic wand for 6 weeks or so, I found myself in the changing room forgetting what I was supposed to do. You'd think after months and months of weekly and daily monitoring, I'd never forget anything about the process, but not to worry, I eventually remembered. "Empty bladder, undress waste down, wrap paper around body and hold tightly while shimmying to table, assume position, hear tech say "This is going to be cold." Right, I remember. It's just like riding a bike...

I do have two follicles on the right (1.7 and 1.2) and the cyst is gone! The nurse told me to monitor lh and so on -- the regular stuff. I gave them some Christmas cookies and was out of there.

I stopped by my OB/GYN's office on the way out and wished them a Merry Christmas. They are just the best. The receptionist there said they saw my RE the other day and asked him when he was going to get me pregnant. She was also the one who "rescued me" on the horrific Friday I found out about the UU. How sweet of them to still think of me. I haven't talked to them since August!

I got home and went back to work when the nurse called. Strange, I thought. Nothing to discuss and I knew they were trying to high tale it out of there. "B, I just talked to Dr. S and he wants you to use Ovidrel if you don't have an lh surge on your own. " O...kay. I didn't expect for him to want me to do that, so I was caught a bit off guard, but no big deal.

My lining is only 5.6, so I am a little concerned, but what can you do? I hope it will get better as the days go on.

Looking forward to the weekend, relaxing and having a break from work!

1 comment:

sara said...

Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, a good few days off of work...and a big congrats on your cyst being gone!

Your other UUer,
Sara