Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Sittin' It Out

I went to the doctor today and had 3 cysts on my ovaries -- I guess from the Follistim. The RE gave me a 20 - 30 % chance that it would be a bad cycle because of this. I was going to do all injectibles and was really geared up to start.

I really want a cycle that is going to be this expensive to be 100% clear at the start of it -- if nothing else, to be able to look back and not have any regrets on doing it.

So, the RE would totally have let me do it and acted like it would probably be "okay" but since we are all out of pocket, I decided to wait it out this cycle.

It was a tough decision, but I've been praying all along for wisdom, clarity and guidance, and with all that we have going on in our lives this month, plus this, it was the wise choice.

Thanks for all the support lately. It means the world! I commented back to you Kate, in the comments section. I'll probably respond to you in that way from now on. :-)

I'll leave you with some pictures of our vacation at the beach and my sweet dog, Georgia. Despite the pain of infertility, I am blessed with a rich, full life!

1 comment:

electriclady said...

Sounds like a good decision--as you said, if this is going to be your last assisted cycle, you want to know that you gave it your best shot. I hope the cysts resolve quickly and that the next cycle is the one for you!