Monday, July 16, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again -- Round 3

I had my baseline ultrasound today after FINALLY starting on Saturday. 17 follicles -- 8 on one side, 9 on the other. The doctor will not increase my dosage. Everything will remain the same. When the nurse asked him about increasing the dosage, he said, "No, she only has half a uterus. She can't have more than one baby." I totally am onboard with that thinking, I just think I'm getting antsy. When I'm more clearly thinking and it comes down to it, I don't want to take the risk.

It's kind of crazy to think I have only 3 more of these IUI's and then I'm done. Of course, I'm sure we can continue to do them as long as we want, but I think you probably get to a point of diminishing returns. As the nurse said today (and I already know this) IVF is really my only other option, and we don't feel led in that way right now.

So, that's the update! I'll start medication tomorrow.

No comments: